Battlefront Copycats

Guest John Maragoudakis

Guest John Maragoudakis

Over at http://www.cdmag.com/Home/

in the forum section under War, see the discussion titled,

'The Academy of Wargame and Strategy Sciences'

Looks like it is a very similar concept to Battlefront.com. The discussion starts off with the same premise of the demise of war games. Hmmm already people are copying the idea or maybe its a grand stroke of coincidence?

I couldn't find it--it embarrasses me to say, but I couldn't get a topic header list. Their discussion forum seems sorta counter-intuitive. I'll stick with BTS, because I feel like what I say here matters.

DjB

remove the caps in the email address

------------------

A lot of my schoolmates called me "warmonger."

remove the caps letters in my address to mail me

Guest John Maragoudakis

After clicking on the link, let the page load.

Look down at the bottom left corner. You will see the underlined word Forums in yellow. Click on it. Let the page load.

Now in the left column, click on WAR. Let the page load.

Now to the right you should see a link titled; 'The Academy of Wargame and Strategy Sciences'. Click.

If you still can't find it, I would like to play you first in multiplayer smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Actually, Tim Brooks (the guy behind 101st Airborne) is the one behind this venture. The funny thing is that he did this about a week before Battlefront.com launched, so he had no idea that we were coming (not to mention that we have been planning this for 1.5 years). If you read the fine print the Academy is not really like Battlefront.com. It is more like an R&D fund for developers. Well, at least that is the way it has to start out.

Steve