Another batch of opinions wanted!

Guest Big Time Software

I vote "No" to the inherent vehicle value since the point basis for CM is based on capabilities. One could argue the fact that 4 (extra) people of a .50 cal crew make up for 1 vehicle of a MG Jeep (plus u get a lot more ammo with a crew).

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would vote for the rarity option, when the very rare Tigers, Kingtigers, Jagdpanthers usw. are uprated in lethality, also the PzKpfw IV should have it's turret armor rating readressed since it consisted of Face hardened armor (Already in the game ?). Then it would be a very interesting option bringing the game possibly slightly out of balance (against the germans), this could be balanced back by the pointing system if necessary and possible.

Greets

Daniel

BTS said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>So putting all game related type questions, do you or do you not think that a vehicle has an inherent worth that should be factored in?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so. Instead, I think all units (foot, horse, and guns) should be priced based on their combined scores in the 3 areas of firepower, mobility, and protection. Thus, the price ends up being based on over-all usefulness on the battlefield.

If you gave vehicles an intrinsic value just for being such, you run into the problem over-pricing what are really low-value units. For example, look at the MG Jeep you mentioned. Sure, it has a .50cal and it can go fast. However, a single sniper bullet can destroy it, which won't happen with an armored MG carrier or grunt HMG team.

------------------

-Bullethead

Visit the brand new Raider Operations message board at www.delphi.com/raiderops

Main site www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html