Jabos in the game ?

Sorry, afraid there are only shadows. I can't speak for BTS but I think that they figured the amount of memory needed to do the different nations planes would have likely slowed the games playing speed to a crawl on most users machines. Maybe in CM2 if you ask really really nicely.

------------------

I'm sorry, we haven't the

facilities to take all of you prisoner. Was there anything else?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ferendra:

isn´t it a shortform from Jagdbomber (the added *s* meaning several ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so. Besides, that would translate to "Hunting bomber". Fabos is the German term for fighter-bomber. I was just wondering if this was some idiosyncratic form used by the old school before I showed up.

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

Skins for the different planes in CM 2 would be nice *g*. Now all we'd need was a way to see them. What might be nice with a sky-view during replay to watch the fighter-bombers circling overhead. Many East front battles had ground support aircraft flying really low.

-john

Guest Silesian-jaeger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jagdcarcajou:

I don't think so. Besides, that would translate to "Hunting bomber". Fabos is the German term for fighter-bomber. I was just wondering if this was some idiosyncratic form used by the old school before I showed up.

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jabos is a derivative from jaeger. Hunter-bomber is the correct translation as stated above.

------------------

"In one (German) town, Private Honey stood next to an

elderly German man and a ten-year-old boy. As the Shermans and brand-new

Pershings rumbled by the boy said,'Deutsches Panzer lind besser.' Honey

looked down at him and asked,'If

German tanks are better,

why aren't they here?' "

quote from Stephen E. Ambrose, "Citizen Soldiers"

Back again,

just had a look for some books (written in german) it is Jagdbomber meaning Jaeger *fighter* and *bomber*. Hitler was obsessed (amnong other things) that german fighter planes could also carry bomb loads for tactical support.

Greetings

Tobias