This looks Sweet

I just found out about Combat Mission today. For those of you that have played Close Combat you would probably agree that a game that implements that type of strategic play and a 3D view option would be killer. I hope Combat Mission is the answet to that type of gameplay. Since I am new to this board I have two questions, and I apologize if they have already been covered.

1. When is the projected release date

2. Will medals be awarded to squad members?

Well,

1. While it is in late beta I think its only fair to say that BTS' position is that it will be released when its ready. No definite or guesstimate date has really been released.

2. No... No medals can be awarded to squad members

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

That's true. If it is not implemented in the game, maybe the the heroes corner can award medals to those units who are submitted. Bronze to Medal of Honor. Place the award next to the picture.

I will be playing this game for the first time in a few hours. I cann't wait!

Guest Gunnerdream

Hey, lets not leave out the Germans! How about Iron Cross to Iron Cross with the Diamond Cluster?

Gunnerdream...floating down through the clouds...

Yes, Matt and I have talked about this and it is someting we'll almost certainly implement...

We'll try to base it on some realistic requirements for the various medals (meaning it'll be easier to get the CMOH than the KC with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds)

People will have to work VERY hard to get the higher level medals though. IMO no submission yet would even come close to getting a CMOH or Silver Star.(or German equivalents).

------------------

Fionn Kelly

While dancing in a transvestite cabaret wink.gif

"GO Hellfish!"

Again, if you don't follow the war exploits of Abe Simpson then this will make zero sense to you wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Man, I was playing chance encounter last night as the Krauts and had one man totally deserve the Knights Cross of the Iron Cross.

With some good hull down positioning I zerstroyed 4 out of 5 M4'sm but the 5th was hiding way back behind the first trees the yanks encounter. He was delivering decimating fire across the map into the troops I had guarding/flanking the right side (German facing). I seized all objectives except the one on the Yank hillside, and they had a 'zook up there so I attacked with infantry which got shot up pretty bad and fell back to the houses. All except one squad, which stayed there.

Through the course of the game, this squad resisted attack after attack holding that position. Eventually, I was able to get some more guys up there, but all the while the Sherman was blasting my guys on the right flank. As this lone squad was the only unit who had a chance I had them (now down to only two guys) sneak back around and TOAST the M4 with a Panzerfaust at close range from the flank. Then the two guys return to their defensive position just in time to flank a squad of GI's who were defeating the other shot up squad holding the flag.

Sorry this was so long, but it was incredible, my words don't portray it all nearly well enough. This one squad, which ended up just one man. Turned the tide of the battle several times...It must have been Streicker and Schnurbart...

This...in a Beta demo...go figure.

Man, I can't wait until the real deal.

No one will see me for months...

Zamo

No, I wasn't even thinking of any of you guys. I was so elated by the depth and heroism of this game that I was just bouncing off the walls. As with most heros, that guy probably just ended the virtual krieg and went home and never told anybody about it. He probably got a little virtual job making cyber-schnitzel or puting virtual Audi's together and never told his wife and cyber-kids about the day he was a hero...Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Chris