Levelling Buildings (in the editor)

According to the manual "ALT-SHIFT-CLICK cycles through stages of major damage to building, starting at a blown-out roof, progressing through blown-out upper levels, to complete rubbling." On doing this, I'm just getting the standard texture changes to the building as though I was just SHIFT-clicking. Notably I tried this in BS and it DOES work there. Am I missing something?

Aye CMSF2 is the odd one out.

In CMSF2 there are two ways to get a damaged or rubbled building.

One is CTRL/ALT/CLICK in which you can cycle through the building wall textures and eventually get to one that is destroyed. 'Fraid there is no incremental damage options.

Other is go into the editor/map/buildings and you'll find a 'rubbled' tile - that does for total destruction.

Another not editor related option - I have used modded building textures to get a fought over look.

Like this one for example https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-shock-force-2/cmsf2-scenery/cmsf2-buildings-4a-and-5a-and-wrecked-aircon3/

@LongLeftFlank did an excellent mod as well with shot up buildings though can't find that on-line - so uploaded my copy to DB https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xdsxrqb6qp33cgvp48540/LLF_9Shot_Up_Building.zip?rlkey=lqbae88e9kv43q7wwd2dwvlhe&dl=0

Course you can still cycle through as above but this helps give an overall look of chaos and destruction.

Tioraidh!

On 6/5/2024 at 10:24 PM, Général_Hiver said:

Just to be clear if I take the third non-editor related option and release it to the wider community, everyone would have to be subscribed to the same mods that I am in order for it to look the same?

Yup correct - anyone using the scenario would have to use the mods to get the 'look'.