Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Stryker JTAC

Why is there a JTAC in the first scenario of the Stryker campaign when there's no tac air?

And where can I read the thread that "Steve" (I don't know him) wrote laying out the reasons there will be no more Black Sea? I've read several references to it, but since no one has posted a link to it, I haven't seen it.

Posted (edited)

Why is the JTAC there? Perhaps as a resource that needs to be preserved for later missions? Don't lose it.

Steve is Steve, errr Stephen, Grammont aka @Battlefront.com.

You'll find his statement in the first post of this thread. I think many of us here either agree with, understand or grudgingly accept BFC's position.

HTH

Edited by OldSarge

Posted (edited)

Did you link the thread you intended to link?

The only mention of Black Sea is this one line:

ADDITIONAL NOTE - the planned expansion for CMBS has been permanently shelved due to the ongoing war.  This decision was our own, however Slitherine was 100% in agreement with us.  It is nice to work with people who don't value money over all else.

The way I read other threads implied that Steve had actually laid out reasons for their decision. (As opposed to the decision itself.)

I was aware that no more Black Sea is coming out. I was hoping to discover why.

Edited by Jammersix

Posted (edited)

I've seen it mentioned in several places, but that was almost two years ago. Where does the time go?

This post is one I could remember that I could still find. That was when the war was still early days. There was a later post, that I can't find, where it went from delayed to shelved. The core reasoning remains the same, but
with the additional of lessons learned from the actual war, i.e. the use of UAV in a big way.

Regards

Edited by OldSarge