Ukrainian Corsar ATGM Tripod?

Posted (edited)

The Ukrainian Corsar ATGM is an interesting weapon in-game because it can only be fired from the shoulder unlike the AT-7/AT-13 which have a deployed and semi-deployed state. 

After doing a bit of research on the Corsar platform (mostly searching for pictures and videos of it) I found most images have it mounted on a tripod. I did find a test firing demonstration where the user did not have the tripod attached but he was firmly resting the ATGM on a sturdy sandbag wall when shooting.

The overall weight of the Corsar missile/tube, launcher and guidance device (source is from a Kyiv State Design Bureau Corsar video linked below) is 24.5 kg or about 54lbs. This weight is a bit heavier than the 18kg written in the CMBS manual.

Considering that the Corsar is a SACLOS system that requires the user to hold the launcher crosshairs steady on target I’m wondering how feasible it would be to first, absorb the shock of the missile being fired and secondly, hold a 54lbs weapon steady enough to make a hit on a target at 2500 yards with any kind of accuracy.

My point is that the Corsar should be treated the same as the AT-7/AT-13. Have a tripod for it but also give it the option to be semi-deployed like the AT-7/AT-13. However, there should be a significant accuracy reduction for using it semi-deployed.

I hope this isn’t too knit picky but I believe it makes the in-game Corsar far more powerful than what it can really do. 

cheers

Link to Corsar test firing and component weight from Kyiv State Design Bureau: 

Edited by Andrew6850

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 7:03 AM, Andrew6850 said:

The Ukrainian Corsar ATGM is an interesting weapon in-game because it can only be fired from the shoulder unlike the AT-7/AT-13 which have a deployed and semi-deployed state. 

After doing a bit of research on the Corsar platform (mostly searching for pictures and videos of it) I found most images have it mounted on a tripod. I did find a test firing demonstration where the user did not have the tripod attached but he was firmly resting the ATGM on a sturdy sandbag wall when shooting.

The overall weight of the Corsar missile/tube, launcher and guidance device (source is from a Kyiv State Design Bureau Corsar video linked below) is 24.5 kg or about 54lbs. This weight is a bit heavier than the 18kg written in the CMBS manual

CMBS weapon systems developing started as far as in 2011 and for that time Korsar had the same look as it was reflected in the game. Small number of such shoulder-launch ATGMs were produced and had been using during initial phase of ATO in 2014 - 2015. For example, Azov had some of them. 

But real firing showed, launcher is too heavy for proper targeting, so Korsar program was set on pause (except missiles for RWS) and only much later has appeared new redesigned Korsar on tripod. I suppose it was planned for CMBS module, but...

Edited by Haiduk

Ah I see, that makes sense. It seems like the launcher is just a bit heavier than the AT-7/AT-13 ATGMS so it should act the same in-game as those systems.

Has anyone seen a change in accuracy with these ATGMs from their deployed to semi-deployed states? If not I’ll set up some tests and post the results