O/T Internet question?

This is way off topic and I apologize in advance. This has been bugging the heck out me, and I can't find the answer so....

How come when looking at pictures on the "Net" sometimes I can't see them! All I get is white box with a red X in it? I was trying to check out www.maximonline.com But it has happened before. Is it my browser or the site? Any help is appreciated.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

[This message has been edited by joeski (edited 12-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by joeski (edited 12-19-2000).]

If you use IE as your browser click on TOOLS from the overhead menu then INTERNET OPTIONS then ADVANCED and be sure the "Show Pictures" box under MULTIMEDIA is checked. Windows has a way of changing things on the fly.

Thank you very much, Bill Gates.

Otherwise, it could just be that your connect is too slow at the moment (anywhere along the line, it doesn't need to be you) to show these images in a timely fashion. But you'll know if this is the case by making sure, first, that that box I mentioned above is properly checked.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help! Tris I tried your advice but it still didn't work. Can anyone see the pix at that site?

KingFish Slapper: I like to call it "Relaxing with my thoughts"

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Anyone else offer some help? Advice? Rude comments about playing 5 on 1?

------------------

Often times, I've notived that graphics on this board are not formatted correctly or make calls to web servers that don't allow outside calls, so sometimes it's just that they aren't viewable.

MS has admitted a bug in IE5, though. Sometimes graphics jsut show as red x's no matter what. THere's a technet article if someone has their technet CD with them (I load mine on my laptop... and I left it at work today) can find that article. There's also technet online somewhere in that warren of web pages at Microsoft.com... It was suppsoed to be fixed in IE5.5, but has not worked all the way satisfactorily for me. You could always try Netscape or Opera to see if it;s the browser or the site.