A new home, Why?

So what's up with the new location? Does this mean that the game is close to a release date? Further, what isthe significance of pre-oredering the game other than a poster? The game won't cost over $50 (US) will it? The site mentions $81. And lastly, the site only lists a few 3D Video Support Software and it does not mention Vodoo, was this simpl;y not tested? What 3D card woul any of you recommend?

On the specs page, it lists 3dfx as a 3D card option. Now the card needs to have Direct X or RAVE drivers (depending on your platform) but I think pretty much all of them do. So a VooDoo card should be fine. Now, how well the drivers actually work is another point... As someone else mentioned though, I'm a little suprised they didn't go with OpenGL.

Guest Big Time Software

Mikeyb,

The new location is just part of the big picture of making sure that us wargame developers stay alive long enough to make game smile.gif Check out the following to see more:

www.battlefront.com/about/index.html

Combat Mission's full price is $45 + S&H. The point of ordering now is to get the cool poster free.

The problem with OpenGL is that most 3Dfx cards (even the newest?) don't support it. And on the Mac side this was more of a problem until lately as Apple is supporting it. We probably will offer OpenGL support in the future, just not promising for a 1.0 release. Are core 3D coding was done over a year ago, so we aren't anxious to start messing with it smile.gif

Steve

Ahh.. I can understand not wanting to mess with the engine. I thought that the Mac VooDoo card makers (Villagetronic and Microcovnersions) were going to release OGL drivers for their cards. Is it that the cards can't support OGL, or just an issue of there being no drivers? Or is the problem the lack of 2D ability? Oh well, I was planning on picking up one of the new ATI cards for this game anyway, so it doesn't particularly bother me one way or the other smile.gif

i take this to mean that my diamond fire 1000 pro will not be supported.... shame, i was really looking forward to this game. but, being the only 3D game i would find myself interested in, i cannot see the logic in purchasing a new card solely for this game

Guest Big Time Software

Nearly every 3D card out there will be supported by Combat Mission. This is because we support DirectX (WIN) and Rave (MAC). OpenGL will work on some cards, but not all, so we don't specifically support it. However, unless someone can correct me here, no 3D card supports ONLY OpenGL and NOT one of the two standars that we support.

Steve