Challenge Passwords?

They are a bit tricky to get.  Obviously if you have a buddy who wants to challenge you to a game and they set it up they will e-mail you the password and when you go to the challenges page you simply enter the password they told you and away you go.

The non-intuitive (tricky) part is setting up the password yourself.

• Go into Battle (and I assume same works for quick battle which I never use).
  • Pick the scenario
  • Pick your side
  • Here is non-intuitive part:
    • if the next screen opens up with basically "2 players - Automated PBEM++" as the selection shown, DO NOT hit Enter because this will proceed to send the game to the Challenges directory without a password.
    • Instead click on the downward triangle to open up the selection menu (for type of game you want to set up, real-time, hot-seat, single player, PBEM, etc,)
    • Now select "2 players - Automated PBEM++" by clicking on it
    • A password text entry box appears to let you type in the password
    • Like I said, non-intuitive process

Some challenges do not require a password because people cannot figure this out, or they do so by choice sending out a challenge to anyone at random who wants to take them up on it.

Hope that helps

Edited by Andrew Kulin