Iran-Iraq war Operation Dawn 8

Scenario Depot:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-shock-force-2-2/cm-shock-force-2-scenarios/cmsf2-iiw-operation-dawn-8/

Situation

10th February 1986
Time 6:20 hrs
Mission time 60 minutes.
Weather Hazy.
Wind Light, From West
Ground Condition Dry

On 9 February 1986, the Iranians launched Operation Dawn 8, in which 100.000 troops comprising five Army divisions and 50.000 men from the Pasdarian and the Basij advanced in a two-pronged offensive into southern Iraq.

Thanks for this.  The I-I War is fairly underrepresented and underappreciated by wargamers.  Some of the largest tank battles in the post-WW2 era took place with Soviet-style tactics against Western hardware early on.  Graviteam has some very good scenarios and Steel Beasts has a few with the potential to model almost anything in that war.

I would have thought CMCW would have made a better representation than CMSF2.  Especially once the BOAR shows up with their Chieftains.

• 3 weeks later...