Some basic PBEM questions

One of my friends and I have just started playing CMBN via PBEM.  He has only the base game; I have all the add-on content; and I have a few questions about how PBEM works given these differences.  

1.  I am assuming that we can only play the battles that are included with the base CMBN game, since that is all that he has.  Is the correct?

2.  Same question as #1, but for campaigns:  are we limited to the campaigns included with the base CMBN game?  (and I don't see those identified in my list of campaigns, unlike the way the scenarios are identified)

3.  If we use the force selector, can I select units that are in the add-ons, even though my opponent does not have those units in his version of the game (I'm guessing no, but . . . )  And if I can only select the units included in the base CMBN game, are those units identified somewhere in the force selection screen? 

Thanks for any assistance!

--Dave

25 minutes ago, dkchapuis said:

For #2 - there are no multi-player campaigns, so that is why you dont see those.

For 3 - when you are in the force selection, if you hit the space bar you will see what units are with which module

Did not realize either of these things; thanks!