Missing Ground Textures and UI

Oiclan

So awhile back I got into CMSF2. Loved the game. But one day I booted it up (vanilla, all DLC, also Steam copy) went into quick battle, and all the buildings, trees, buildings, and pixeltruppen were floating in a black void. Then I noticed my UI was part of the void and that I couldn't interact with it. It's like this between games, so it's and issue between the CM engine and my system me thinks but I'm not very tech savy and was hoping to find help here. 

Desktop

Radeon RX590

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G CPU

16GB RAM

• 3 weeks later...

Usually a 'black void' indicates that there may be missing resource files (.brz files that have graphics and audio in them). I believe it could also be an issue with video drivers. It possible that Windows updated your video driver and that newer driver has issues with CM.

If you're not too worried about the age of the driver, I believe the 22.6.1 drivers (for Windows 10/11 64-bit) should work (the link is buried within the text). The driver is from June 2022. Drivers after this version offered some significant performance improvements (mostly in loading scenarios), but ended up having bugs that appeared when running CM. One person has claimed that the 23.12.1 drivers have worked for them, but unfortunately the Radeon RX 590 is NOT supported with that driver.

CMSF2 v. 2.06 (BFC) has the following .brz files in the 'Data' folder/directory:

shock force v200a.brz   ~ 1,637,494 KB

shock force v200b.brz  ~  520,413 KB

shock force v200c.brz  ~  1,921,589 KB

shock force v201.brz  ~ 17,227 KB

shock force v202.brz  ~ 32,567 KB

shock force v203.brz  ~ 34,589 KB

shock force v205.brz  ~ 736 KB

Edited by Schrullenhaft