Practice, Target Range

snapbean

I would like to set-up vehicles or infantry, for example, anywhere on a map and practice shooting things for both red and blue forces.  A tank vs. a building or a Vulcan vs. a platoon of infantry etc.. Is there something already made that can do this?  It would be nice if I could control both red and blue forces to test scenarios for example.  Any help? -Thanks!

Edited by snapbean

You can easily create a scenario using a map from your quick battle maps, or a map from a scenario, or even on the featureless default map that the scenario editor opens on by default (though you might want to change the size).

Pick whatever forces you want for both sides, deploy them where you want them, and save it with an appropriate name.

Then go to battles, select it, and play it as 2 player hot seat, so you can control both sides.

If you do a quick battle, you will only be able to put units in the areas that were designated for that on the quick battle map.

If you go into the scenario editor and load that particular map, you can place the units for both sides anywhere you'd like since it will be a scenario, rather than a quick battle.

Or you can create yourself a dedicated shooting range map. 

Just use the blank map that is given to you once you fire up the scenario editor and adapt it to your need. 

Some people I know even place some range markings on it or different sectors to test different things. 

I use that mainly to test what weapon can hit/penetrate a certain target at a certain distance. 

The editor is fairly simple to understand I would say, so setting something up should not be a big issue. 

9 hours ago, Brille said:

Or you can create yourself a dedicated shooting range map. 

Just use the blank map that is given to you once you fire up the scenario editor and adapt it to your need. 

Some people I know even place some range markings on it or different sectors to test different things. 

I use that mainly to test what weapon can hit/penetrate a certain target at a certain distance. 

The editor is fairly simple to understand I would say, so setting something up should not be a big issue. 

This.

Moreover, if you want to shoot at targets that won't return fire, pop smoke or try to flee, just dismount the crews and place them elsewhere.