It has begun!

Mortal Kombat! no, I just got back from Utah and low and behold an issue of pcgamer in my mailbox. I opened it up to the reviews section and Combat Mission had recieved a 91%. I think the score should have been a bit higher due to the fact that there where only 2 "lows." No TCP/IP and some graphic compromises.

------------------

The names Ash, Housewares

Guest Rommel22

What issue did you get. the las issue with Diablo II on the front didn't have it.

Did you get a september issue or what???

------------------

Russian tactics as said by von Mellenthin "Bridge heads everywhere"

Shoulda' stopped by and said "Hi".

I believe the TCP/IP is a legitimate con for most people, and the score reflects that. Gotta' figure, they are reviewing it for all the readers, and that is a sore spot for some. The bad part is we all know it's coming. I suppose when it gets here you can go ahead and add 3% or so.

And hell, 91% for a wargame in that mag is not bad at all.

The only real niggle I have with Trotter's review is that, in the box listed for multi-player, it says NONE. Excuse me?!?! I guess hot-seat and PBEM aren't multi-player?!

Anyway, it was good to see an honest to goodness review of the game as opposed to being the focus of his feature. Good score. And EDITORS CHOICE to boot.

Oh, btw, earlier on a seperate thread I said I emailed PC Gamer urging them to review the game. I was wrong. It was PC Games. So I fully expect to see a review in PC Games soon smile.gif (yeah right).

------------------

Jeff Abbott

I have been praising the game to my fellow co-workers that like to play PC strategy games for about 6 months now. (When the Beta Demo was all that we had.) I sold one fellow on the Beta Demo alone. But the kicker is this other guy that I work with:

He likes the mainstream strategy games and I've been pulling his ear for 3 months to download the gold demo to try it out. He puts a lot of stock in PC Gamer reviews and was relunctant to even look at CM.

Well, the review came out and he was impressed with what he saw. I asked him if he was going to go download the demo and he said, "no."

I asked him why not and he said, "I am going to buy it. Can they deliver by this weekend?" hehehehehe

Well, sometimes it takes a little mainstream publicity to sell games. Word of mouth can only go so far. It was great to see PC Gamer review the game. It will only sell more copies.

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Well I for one was happy especially, these mags nowday's it's all fps's hell they gave deus ex 94%..but i gotta admit deus ex is pretty unique plot wise.Been keeping me busy

until my copy hit's town tommarrow or so they say thank god after pc's review there prbably gonna get alot more busier! than they alreadt are.

Guest Rommel22

Well, I work for comp USA, so I can get more money for college. i get decent pay. Anyway

I showed all my co-workers this game and most were impressed some didn't care since they are old. Anyway, one guy already orderd a copy and some custoterms ask for it, why.

Well the intro movie on the CM site. I put it on most of the displya computers in comp usa. People that come in watch the movie like it. I put the demos there too, but most people wouldn't know how to play so I just leave the movie playing. People are impressed and ask for it, so i just show em the site or write it down for them.

I also put on other games I like.

You guys in here might not like this but I recently put a game called Halo on 3 out of the 20 computers on display. Well anyway thats my advertising for this game. I think it helps. Especially in a big computer store on a huge 15 by 15 foot monitor wall playing the CM intro movie over and over again. Thanx to the great managers they let me do this.

I Also get cool free games and stuff from other companies, Comp Usa served it's purpose for me and the gaming community. I got about 6 free games from Rep's that come into the store. Free shirts posters, and free junk computers that I throw off my roof or cliffs here in Cali. haha.

------------------

I work for a software company and showed off the movie intro months ago.It impressed every one here but no one wanted to buy a copy untill mine arrived and we got a few hotseat games going.Now there are 6 of us who are CM obsessed.Shows just what word of mouth can do.

LOKI

P.S. Thats cool of you to advertise the game Rommel.

Guest Rommel22

Thanx,

People have to hear about htis game, because it rocks. One of the managers but the game too. Atleast he said he did, but you know managers, they just want to be part of the "gang". Anyway, when I finnish college, a degree in programming I want to make games just like this.

It's fun throwing old comptures of my roof. You should see those suckers shatter. Monitors I throw of a hill in the park next to my houese. The nature serves well.

Great Game!!!

------------------

It started with me, downloading the gold demo. I got hooked. I told havermeyer. He downloaded and got hooked. We both preorder. Now we talk constantly at work about our PBEM battles. Gave the gold demo to 2 more coworkers so they can decide if they want it. Two others are interested, mainly because of our AARs. They want to burn a copy. Being as loyal to BTS as they have been to us, we hold the line. If they want it, they'll have to buy it. And that's exactly what one of them will do. I mean we want CM2, and 3, and 4, and ... afterall.

From 1 to 2 to 3 to possibly 5. Our coffee kletch is growing. Anyway, word of mouth is a powerful ally.

------------------

Jeff Abbott