I'm no big fan....

I remember being new to the net... Yahoo automatically began sending me a magazine called Yahoo Internet Life.

After a couple months I started receiving dunning (collection) notices that increased in severity- and there was no phone number to call, only a Florida PO Box.

Since then I have avoided anything to do with Yahoo, until the chat session for CM. I would totally support a change of venue should that be possible.

Guest Captain Foobar

well guys, I have the answer for you!!!

Combat Mission Uber Alles

My CM website is in its infancy, but I have a chatroom amongst the features! I have to say that I like the size of the window for the yahoo chat better than the small window I have, but for you malcontents I offer up all that I have.... biggrin.gif

http://www.ocaptain.com/combat/index.html

ENJOY

when do you guys want to meet there to give it a test drive???

[This message has been edited by Captain Foobar (edited 03-04-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Foobar:

well guys, I have the answer for you!!!

Combat Mission Uber Alles

My CM website is in its infancy, but I have a chatroom amongst the features! I have to say that I like the size of the window for the yahoo chat better than the small window I have, but for you malcontents I offer up all that I have.... biggrin.gif

http://www.ocaptain.com/combat/index.html

ENJOY

when do you guys want to meet there to give it a test drive???

[This message has been edited by Captain Foobar (edited 03-04-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"MALCONTENTS..." ??? wink.gif

I have your site bookmarked...lemme know when you all get together... biggrin.gif

Looks good so far, Foobar. I could open the chat room window in Netscape, but couldn't resize the window or send messages (since no one was there with me)

If you post a time when some of us can try it out together, I will try to show up.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Guest Captain Foobar

Well, how about 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Today (Saturday)

I will be waiting there for you guys......

Anyone who wants to show up, lets do it. I'll tell you what I have planned for the site, and maybe you could offer some suggestions for me...

Thanks cool.gif

OK, Yes I'm afraid you do have to be a member to see the POTD's on the combat mission club site. This is why they are also being sent to Colin to post on his CM4Mac page.

When I started the club i was looking for an easy way to get a live chat area set up for CM. This was the easiest way that I found. Along with being easy to use, and giving me the space, it was also free. By starting the club there is also added a couple goodies like the photo section, message sections, and calender areas also. I tried to make this open for everyone by making it a "general admission" club where everyone with a yahoo idea could join.(instead of an invite only). I understand there are those who hate Yahoo and have problems with them (they aren't my favorite either). But one of the reasons you have to be a member to view the photo section is that you can not only view pictures there, but also create your own photo album and place your photos in there as well (I can't make it read only).

If your leary about joining Yahoo thats fine. (i just gave them false information),I can understand your position and we will miss seeing you there. I'm starting to ramble now so i'll cut this short. Just thought I'd give a little explination about why things work the way the do over there.

Thanks

Lorak

------------------

-------------------------

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. Without my rifle I am useless. Without me, my rifle is useless...

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 03-06-2000).]

Lorak: No worries- you founded the cutting edge site in CM chat, and have earned your footnote in history. I'm sure all applaud your initiative, and Yahoo be damned, you can't always pick your battlefield.

There are many features there that most of us simply haven't taken the time to learn to use. It's a good site.

You're not tarred by the Yahoo brush, and the thing works. Good job.

Lorak,

your ideas and page is very nice, it's just i had some bad experience with Yahoo. Because of this i don't want anything on my pc that has anything to do with it. It has nothing to do with your site.

Keep on going, it's great to see more CM-pages then just 1 or 2.

PanzerShark