BMP-2 vs BMP-3

Fizou

Granted its a small sample size, but from what I have seen in game, the BMP-2 will favor its ATGM vs BMP-3, even at closer distances, rather than its autocannon. Can the 30 mm APDS defeat BMP-3 from the front? The BMP-3s made short work of my BMP-2s with their autocannons 😅

I haven't tried this exact matchup but from what I remember the BMP3 was designed to take hits from 30mm auto cannon from the front. The BMP3 also has design features to mitigate penetrating hits, like the front location the fuel tank. Hapless did a video about the BMP3 on Youtube but I don't think this matchup was included. 

OTOH, the BMP3 is still, hands down, the best VBIED in the game. 

H

On 4/5/2023 at 9:15 AM, Halmbarte said:

I haven't tried this exact matchup but from what I remember the BMP3 was designed to take hits from 30mm auto cannon from the front. The BMP3 also has design features to mitigate penetrating hits, like the front location the fuel tank. Hapless did a video about the BMP3 on Youtube but I don't think this matchup was included. 

OTOH, the BMP3 is still, hands down, the best VBIED in the game. 

H

agreed. you can get multi-kills on BMP-3s that are bunched up if one of them decides to evolve into a Soyuz satellite. 

Well I made short tests of it and neither the BMP3, nor the BMP3M could withstand the 30mm APFSDS rounds of an BRM3 (simply put the scout version of the BMP3 minus the 100mm canon). So the BMP2 should do fine too.

Another test I did in Shock Force 2 against the british Warrior (30mm APDS) and german Wiesel (20mm APDS) at around 300m. All hits were clean penetrations. Though I do not know if the syrian models are downgraded in armor.

It is stated that the BMP3 is designed to withstand 30mm projectiles (front) but I guess that doesn´t include specialized subcaliber ammunition.