3rd party Scenerios downloaded in Red Thunder crash to desktop on loading

kgpanther

I have tried to download the 3rd party scenarios/battles for Red Thunder (for example, Kohima, The Hill etc from the mod/scenario section), but when I start them up, they get to about 76% load and then the game crashes to desktop. I reinstalled Red thunder from original including all patches, game engine and mods (Fire & Rubble, Battle Pack etc) 3 times but it wont fix it. Am I missing something? I downloaded the scenario files to the scenarios folder. As a control/test, I downloaded scenarios for Fortress Italy and Final Blitz and had no problems loading them up.  Can someone help me here?

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2022 at 12:52 PM, kgpanther said:

I have tried to download the 3rd party scenarios/battles for Red Thunder (for example, Kohima, The Hill etc from the mod/scenario section), but when I start them up, they get to about 76% load and then the game crashes to desktop. I reinstalled Red thunder from original including all patches, game engine and mods (Fire & Rubble, Battle Pack etc) 3 times but it wont fix it. Am I missing something? I downloaded the scenario files to the scenarios folder. As a control/test, I downloaded scenarios for Fortress Italy and Final Blitz and had no problems loading them up.  Can someone help me here?

I know the author rated that scenario at "huge". Do other huge scenarios work for you? You can try deleting out troops in the editor and see if the scenario loads without them