Problem with all Combat Mission games. Black screen and map after starting the battle.

Sikel

I recently installed Cold War and Shock Force 2, in all these games after the launch of the company this happens (screenshot). Black screen and map, only vehicles, soldiers and sometimes buildings are rendered normally.
What to do? I reinstalled games, disabled antivirus, updated drivers.

p / s I found information that this is due to AMD drivers (I have a processor and a video card from them), I can’t roll them back to an earlier version, because. recently reinstalled windows.

p/ss Sorry for the bad English, I'm writing through a translator.

CM Shock Force 2 2022-09-29 22-43-44-180.jpg

CM Shock Force 2 2022-09-29 22-43-36-652.jpg

Edited by Sikel

You can install older drivers over your current/newer ones with no problem. You can use the standard uninstall process for AMD or if necessary you can use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) (a third party utility) to uninstall your drivers and then install an older version. DDU typically recommends running Windows in Safe Mode for the best stability in uninstalling, though it can be used in a normal boot.

For Windows 10 or 11, the Adrenalin 22.6.1 Optional WHQL drivers work fine in my experience so far (using an RX 480 under Windows 10 64-bit). For the link here, you can ignore that it was selected with a Radeon RX 5600XT, the driver is the same regardless of videocard.

Edited by Schrullenhaft