New Compaign: ,,March of Retribution,,

Hello everybody!

Today I created a new topic on the forum dedicated to my compaign.  Campaign is under development. For today, the first mission is fully ready, the second is being finalized and a script is being written (I will hope to share it in a couple of days), the third is in the stage of distributing units and writing AI, the fourth is just an outline. 

Now I am posting a company briefing (it is also available for download), the first mission and mods that should be used in the first mission. I am waiting for you to share your emotions that you experienced during the game and tips for correcting errors (if there are any of course).  At this stage there are problems with UH 1 textures and I will be glad if someone helps me with this.

Campaign: ,,March of Retribution,,

The campaign is dedicated to the fighting between two fictional countries- Northern *** and Southern ***.
At the end of the 18th century *** was colonized by England, which divided the country into North and South. The population in the North consisted of the Hokku people, while the population in the South consisted of the Nani people.
After *** gained independence in the 60s, it began to develop rapidly thanks to the sale of oil in return for receiving extensive injections from both the USSR and the United States (including the military). At the same time, the development was not uniform, since in the north of the country there were seaports from where all foreign products came, while the south was the center of agriculture. The same trend was in the domestic policy of the country. The seats in the government were mostly given to the northerners (hokku), which made it possible to adopt any law regardless of the southerners. Soon, dissatisfied with the usurpation of power, the Nani created their New government. Official leaders *** (hokku by nationality) the Southern provinces were immediately declared separatist. The parties have been trying for several months to come to an agreement peacefully with the assistance of the USSR. At this time, both Hokku and Nani created self-defense detachments and carried out pogroms against each other. Despite all efforts, the negotiations have reached an impasse. Then the New Government declared the independence of the Southern Provinces from the Northern Ones. The North quickly launched an operation to restore the constitutional order. The units manned by the hokku were better equipped, but they were scattered all over the country.
2 brigades of northerners located in the south tried to break through to the separatist capital, but were stopped and pushed back by the militia and hastily created National Guard. The Hangi military airfield was also rapidly lost, and the planes on it went to the separatists. There was nothing to help those cut off, as the shock units of the North gnawed through the defense of Nani on the border. The fighting continued for another month until the 7th brigade of Southerners located in the North was unable to break through the encirclement and capture the port of Kangi, thereby cutting off the supply of weapons from the USSR. This maneuver decided the outcome of the company and both bloodless parties began resuming peace talks. As a result, the North recognized the independence of the South *** and all its battered parts were withdrawn from the Southern Provinces. The Northerners also lost the province of Hangi and the airfield of the same name located there. In response, the South withdrew its units (including the 7th Brigade), returning control of the port of Kangi to the North. Despite the signed ceasefire agreement, provocations with the use of artillery and aviation were constantly carried out on the border.Both sides understood that peace was only temporary....
Having made up for their losses thanks to the help of the USSR (which, after the 7th brigade attacked Soviet Marines in Kangi, finally took the side of the north) and having mobilized, the North began a new campaign to restore a unified state. The Hokku were able to quickly break through to the rebel capital where a long siege began. The Southerners in this conflict were supported by the neighboring &&& by supplying weapons and volunteers. The United States was also interested in the victory of the South, as it allowed to unite the country and expel the Soviets from this region. US military aid also went through &&& . As a result, having spent all their offensive potential, the besiegers almost got surrounded and began to retreat to the border. By this time, the supply of weapons from the USSR had decreased due to the internal crisis of the red country, and the urban population of the north joined the army less willingly than their rural opponents from the South. Having knocked out the enemies from their land, the Southerners could no longer continue the offensive. 
Another peace was signed, the war ended in nothing 
Five years have passed.....

We are ready for revenge....
The command has set a goal for us to capture the city of Namad. 
Namad is the capital of the Hangi province lost in the first company. During the second campaign, the city was a transshipment point for supplies of weapons and volunteers from &&& and the USA. After the collapse of the USSR, the United States lost interest in the Southerners and supplies were stopped. But &&& will support the separatists to the last. We understand that it will not be possible to capture the capital of the rebels, so we are faced with the task of returning the province of Hangi and capturing its main city of Namad.
It's June 19th.
Since tomorrow is the Southerners *** Independence Day, some of their units will be pulled into the capital to ensure security and organize a parade. 
The Southerners know that we have concentrated our units on the border, but they think that these troops will not be enough to attack their capital (which is true) and expect only provocations.
Under the guise of provocation, we will begin our attack on Hangi.
Units involved in the operation-
First Heavy Guards Division:
1st and 2nd brigade + art.regiment. 
10th Infantry division:
37th and 38th regiments + art.regiment.
1st SF Regiment:
2 battalions + transport aviation.
Parts of the Ministry of Internal Affairs(MIA) and the Ministry of State Security(MSS).
1st fighter and 2nd assault squadrons. 
4th rocket battery. 
Units of the Air Defense and rear forces.
Reserve:
13th Mechanized Division.

Plan:
1.Capture of Hangi airfield by special forces and MGB units.
2.The application of diversionary strikes throughout the territory of the Southern *** with the help of artillery, aviation, tactical missiles.
3.The breakthrough by the units of the first heavy Guards division of the enemy's defense line on the border of Hangi.
4.Rapid march of units of the first Heavy Guards division and special forces to Namad.
5.Occupation and mopping up by units of the 10th infantry division and units of  the MIA of the liberated territory.
6.Assault and capture of Namad.
7.Readiness to repel enemy counterattacks.

Enemy forces:
17th infantry brigade:
4 infantry battalion + art. regiment.
9th separate tank regiment.
2 separate border guard battalions.
7 separate militia battalions.
1st fighter squadron.
Expected approach:
7th (elite) Tank Brigade
National Guard troops, air defense forces, artillery and aviation. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x9yhog3ryz34ahs/AACcDhqBdSh5PeWVxbgMSy0Ma?dl=0

• Chelentano changed the title to New Compaign: ,,March of Retribution,,

Gave it a quick look myself and really like what I see here. I love fictional OPFOR nations. The backstory you have here is great, reminds me a bit of Arma 1. 

The first mission looks solid. Good map (airfields can be especially difficult given the limitations of the scenario editor) and a solid scenario. I haven't played it through to completion but I played the first few turns and enjoyed it. Really looking forward to the whole campaign. 

The modpack is great too. The Mig-21s look great as flavor objects. I saw that you said the Hueys have some texture issues, which I did see (they appear solid black) but I appreciate the effort there. 

My only feedback for now is more of a question; are you planning on doing new infantry skins to differentiate the two sides more? It is a lot of extra work and I don't think its necessary, but it would be a nice flavor touch. 

Great stuff, looking forward to seeing more! And don't let the silence on this thread dissuade you. The limelight is on the Black Sea forum for the foreseeable future. Anyone who can take the time to suffer through the tedium that is the scenario editor to make content for the community deserves praise. If you need testers, I would recommend checking out the (unofficial, but better) CM Discord server. 

https://discord.gg/UjaKmGwU

12 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Я сам быстро рассмотрел, и мне очень нравится то, что я здесь вижу. Я люблю вымышленные нации OPFOR. Предыстория у вас отличная, немного напоминает мне Arma 1. 

Первая миссия выглядит солидно. Хорошая карта и хороший сценарий. Я еще не прошел ее до конца, но я прошел первые несколько ходов и получил от нее удовольствие. Очень жду всю ночь. 

Модпак тоже отличный. МиГ-21 отличается в качестве объектов вкуса. Я видел, что вы сказали, что у Hueys есть некоторые проблемы с текстурой, которые я действительно видел (они отражающе сплошными черными), но я ценю ваши напряжения. 

Мой отзыв на данный момент единственный вопрос; Планируете ли вы делать новые скины для пехоты, чтобы больше наградить две стороны? Это много дополнительных работ, и я не думаю, что это необходимо, но это было бы наличием штрихом вкуса. 

Отличный материал, жду продолжения! И пусть молчание в этой теме вас не смущает. В обозримом будущем центр внимания находится на Черноморском. Любой, кто может потратить время на то, чтобы вытерпеть утомляющую работу редактора событий, сделать контент для сообщений, может вызвать похвалу. Если вам нужны тестеры, я бы порекомендовал проверить (неофициально, но лучше) сервер CM Discord. 

https://discord.gg/UjaKmGwU

Thank you for your feedback.

The airfield map is the first map I made from scratch. The Shaikovka Airbase is taken as a basis ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Шайковка_ (aer_base) ), or rather its satellite images.

As for the use of mods, I am limited primarily by the editor. Back in the first mission, I had to mix Airborne and Republican Guard units (ATGM). I ran into the same problem already in the second mission. For some reason, the motorized infantry does not have a sapper platoon, so it must be borrowed from the infantry. With the expansion, these issues will become even more acute (in recent missions there will be two or three battalions on both sides on the map). There is also a problem with weapons. I would really like the Southerners to use the M16 and HG3 at least in a limited way, but alas. Because of this, I think mods will only affect vehicles. I also note that I personally do not create mods, but use only what I downloaded from here myself.

I'm in the discord and I'll put the script there as soon as I have time. The script will also be published here soon https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/category/cm-shock-force-2-2/cm-shock-force-2-scenarios/

Edited by Chelentano

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back and ready to present you the second mission of the compaign.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/270o21qb84bo2bh/AAAM6oHaMthNOTeN1r-I14kda?dl=0

We received a message that the paratroopers had taken the Hanji airfield by 5 o'clock in the morning and were already transferring their main forces there. After that, our aviation and artillery began to strike enemy positions along the entire border with the Southern ***. 7 operational-tactical P-17 missiles were fired towards the capital. 2 Tochka-U missiles were also fired at Namad. Only that our engineers using the Soviet UR-67 made a passage in the escarp and in a minefield…

The invasion has begun. Lead a reinforced battalion of the Guards Division and break through the enemy defenses.

Mods:
As a nice bonus, the enemy troops (Syrian reserve infantry) use a new uniform. It was taken by me from the Vietnamese fashion. For use, it is desirable to remove other mods of the Syrian infantry.
Also, AK texture was replaced with G3, and RPK with FN MAG. Unfortunately, there is no way to change SVD and RMB, because both factions use them.
You can safely do without this mod, because it does not contradict the terms of the compaign.
I don't know yet whether I will change the first mission or leave it the same.

All work will also be posted here: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/category/cm-shock-force-2-2/cm-shock-force-2-scenarios/
Work on the third mission continues.
I wish you a good game.

Edited by Chelentano

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Thank you for what you're doing, I lack such 'breakthrough' missions in modern CM. I have two points about it:

- it would be cool if the ground surface were little more rough, with large low hills or just little ravines;

- I think the ditches/trenches should be more curving. It is an usual claim of field manuals. The curves protect infantry from shells and rifle fire while assault.

I don't insist, it's just my opinion. Thank you.

Edited by Nektoman