BF Forum; Bad new searching tool:'( ?)

Aj,

It seems the whole forum "searching tool" changed one or two days ago.

Am I the only one to find it ; way less convenient ?

This forum is a goldmine. Especially for classic Combat Mission. As I only play CMBB, having access to more than 20 years of data is priceless. But now, as the searching tool changed; it is definitely harder to hit the right archives. Lots of possibilities before...Like "all my search terms words" / "any of my search terms words" / "this forum" / "everywhere" / "title only" / "date" / "most relevant" / "author" / (...)

Thus, it seems now that I constantly hit the same old threads...

Any thoughts of others ? 

I hadn't noticed but gave it a try.  It was very, very slow for my first search (randomly it was '22.5', related to the degrees of Falaise's road mod) but much quicker on the second (Falaise).  The results I got did not seem much different to what I would have got a few months ago, but of course I'm not sure.

I didn't see anything different with the forum search. Mind you I basically never use it (so I could easily be missing something) because:

19 hours ago, dkchapuis said:

You could try Google search with their “site:xxx” parameter.

This is the way.

I see though that you cannot use site: to search a sub forum. While "site:community.battlefront.com artillery" gives lots of information "site:community.battlefront.com/forum/27-combat-mission-barbarossa-to-berlin artillery" doesn't find anything I would expect.