Amfreville - Strike Two!

Hello All:

I am presently working on my final scenario in my series "The 82nd in Normandy". This past week I completed "DeGlopper's Medal of Honor" and "Le Motey" (pronounced moh-tay). The former is single player and the latter H2H. They will be posted when I complete the Amfreville scenario. The reason for the delay is that I will have to repost many of my previous scenarios in  the series because they had to be renumbered to place the DeGlopper scenario in the correct sequence. I also reviewed all of the text files to correct spelling, grammar and numbering errors.

I am posting this because I am seeking assistance gathering information for my final  scenario. It is clear that the second attack towards Amfreville was conducted by 2/357, 90th Inf. Div during the afternoon of the 10th after the 1/357th's failed attempt in the morning, it is not clear if they had armor support.  It is known from the PIR's reports that American armor crossed the  La  Fiere causeway about an hour after the infantry assault. However the  few notes I have found from the 90th's after-action reports make no mention of armor support.

Does anyone have any sources that can help me out?

The problem is similar on the German side. I can find no information to clarify if the Germans moved up any A/Tk guns or if there was any German armor on the ground , like as StuG III's.

Thank you in advance if you have any 'reliable' details.

5 hours ago, WimO said:

Hello All:

I am presently working on my final scenario in my series "The 82nd in Normandy". This past week I completed "DeGlopper's Medal of Honor" and "Le Motey" (pronounced moh-tay). The former is single player and the latter H2H. They will be posted when I complete the Amfreville scenario. The reason for the delay is that I will have to repost many of my previous scenarios in  the series because they had to be renumbered to place the DeGlopper scenario in the correct sequence. I also reviewed all of the text files to correct spelling, grammar and numbering errors.

I am posting this because I am seeking assistance gathering information for my final  scenario. It is clear that the second attack towards Amfreville was conducted by 2/357, 90th Inf. Div during the afternoon of the 10th after the 1/357th's failed attempt in the morning, it is not clear if they had armor support.  It is known from the PIR's reports that American armor crossed the  La  Fiere causeway about an hour after the infantry assault. However the  few notes I have found from the 90th's after-action reports make no mention of armor support.

Does anyone have any sources that can help me out?

The problem is similar on the German side. I can find no information to clarify if the Germans moved up any A/Tk guns or if there was any German armor on the ground , like as StuG III's.

Thank you in advance if you have any 'reliable' details.

Hi @WimO I follow with big interrest  yours job about the 82th and is always a pleasure to discover the maps and detailed scenarios about real places of fights...

Want to know if you would also eventually do the same with his brother the 101th ?

Thanks in advance.

JM

Hello JM: Thank you for your kind words.  Certainly a series of scenarios about the Screaming Eagles would be a nice link between Utah beach and the 82nd further inland. However, after I  complete the 82nd scenarios I will retire from CMBN map and scenario creation altogether, but not playing. Given my age, there are a few other hobbies on which I want to focus my time remaining. And I still have a few Dutch buildings I want to mod for CMBN

Edited by WimO

1 hour ago, WimO said:

Hello JM: Thank you for your kind words.  Certainly a series of scenarios about the Screaming Eagles would be a nice link between Utah beach and the 82nd further inland. However, after I  complete the 82nd scenarios I will retire from CMBN map and scenario creation altogether, but not playing. Given my age, there are a few other hobbies on which I want to focus my time remaining. And I still have a few Dutch buildings I want to mod for CMBN

I am confident to all your creations, and will be awake about yours buildings, !

Enjoy the things that you like, this is the way to stay young and  happy !

JM