Pre-Release Steam Version of a CMBS QB vs AI

Got served this in the YT sidebar and kind of jumped on it, having never seen any images at all of the Steam version. In fact, have never been on Steam at all. Little point to it, since I can't presently play what I have as it is! Have to say the BTR-82A is fearsome to watch in action and truly brings the pain: destroying infantry in buildings, prone infantry, light armor and brick walls with ease.  Would say that the high position of the gun offers real tactical advantages over the same weapon on the BMP-2, allowing firing down on targets for one (very handy vs prone infantry), and the sensors on the BTR-82A are vastly superior to those of the BMP-2, including thermals. When Russia invaded the Crimea, there was a scene in which a BTR-80(?) slowly pushed (not rammed) the cinderblock wall surrounding a military school and knocked down enough of it so as to be able to roll in easily. Is this doable in CMBS at all?

Russian 82 mm mortar fire seems pretty responsive, but I think it was because there was a TRP.  Speaking of mortars, from everything I've read, incoming mortar bombs don't shriek, whistle, whoosh or anything like that. The common description of incoming mortar fire is something like a soft fluttering sound, and veterans would teach the FNGs that as soon as the toonk! of the mortar firing was heard, to hit the deck immediately. Don't know what option/s may be available to get a more suitable sound file into either version of the game as audio FX for incoming mortar fire.

Have no idea how the defenders are supposed to have any chance at all against such a powerful force.

The reviewer had a great time and is really wanting to see other Combat Mission titles on Steam. He specifically mentioned MARKET GARDEN, but didn't seem to realize it's a Module of CMBN. He knows mostly topics, not game titles. He has a special affinity for MG, since he's Dutch and has lived near Nijmegen.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler