How To Enable a Mod (Mac)

I can't speak from knowledge other than the SF2 demo, but I generally right click/control click on the application in the installed folder in the Applications folder and select Show Package Contents. This will open a new window in which you can drill down the the game's Data folder. Then create the z folder inside the Data folder. Your path will be something like this:

Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨CM Shock Force 2⁩ ▸ ⁨CM Shock Force 2⁩ ▸ ⁨Contents⁩ ▸ ⁨Resources⁩ ▸ ⁨Data⁩

7 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I can't speak from knowledge other than the SF2 demo, but I generally right click/control click on the application in the installed folder in the Applications folder and select Show Package Contents. This will open a new window in which you can drill down the the game's Data folder. Then create the z folder inside the Data folder. Your path will be something like this:

Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨CM Shock Force 2⁩ ▸ ⁨CM Shock Force 2⁩ ▸ ⁨Contents⁩ ▸ ⁨Resources⁩ ▸ ⁨Data⁩

ok thx, seems the same as with RT and BS but because there was no Data folder to see inside I doubted
The Data folder is originally outside the game now...

6 hours ago, War RaVeN said:

ok thx, seems the same as with RT and BS but because there was no Data folder to see inside I doubted
The Data folder is originally outside the game now...

I think the newer games have a Data folder outside of the app container. I usual just default to assuming it's inside the app container but I do have one which is in the main app folder, can't remember which one off the top of my head. I usually make an alias to the Data folder somewhere more convenient, like my user folder, saves a lot of clicking.

17 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I think the newer games have a Data folder outside of the app container. I usual just default to assuming it's inside the app container but I do have one which is in the main app folder, can't remember which one off the top of my head. I usually make an alias to the Data folder somewhere more convenient, like my user folder, saves a lot of clicking.

Again thx, it is the Data folder outside that woks...

• 3 weeks later...

Might be a bit off topic for your example but maybe this will help someone else struggling to install mods on Mac.

I just bought CMBN and will be purchasing CMSF2 very soon, both on MacOS Big Sur.

I installed the HQS sound mod by right clicking the App launcher icon in the finder (You'll find that in the under Apps and the CMXX app game folder.  Then selecting and clicking "Show Package Contents"

3.jpg.2ba80f8871cf14d6ae953c0feb574790.jpg

That will take you to the Contents folder.  Open the Contents folder.  Then open the Data folder.

2.jpg.f4475673f4e0317c7f80165f927f61f9.jpg

Next.  Create  a z folder and drop your mod in there.

1.jpg.b9e61e33b57a739b4f043a3cd0ba8dd5.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Winters

13 hours ago, Cpt_Winters said:

As noted above in an earlier post by @Lucky_Strike and now I've also purchased CMSF2, I see my earlier examples are maybe only relevant to CMBN.

For SF2 the files are indeed located outside the app executable now and easily accessible from the application folder:

That's good to know Cpt. Not sure when BF changed the location of the Data folder, but it's definitely inside the app for more than BN, think that's where it is for FI and RT though not at my desk so don't quote me on that. Either way having a step-by-step and suggestions of where to look should help others in the future.