Points system...

I have often wondered how this works?

I know you get points for capturing flags but, say, if one of my tanks gets it (is destroyed), is this calculated into the total points?

I assume this must be the case because you can get objectives but if you lose all your troops etc then you dont win.

Sorry for the garbled question, but how does it work?

I am asking this because I have been in various situations where I could throw my last AFV etc at a flag but is the cost in material worth it? What is the calculation that I should make?

Does the system use the number of points it costs to buy something?

In the later versions of the game, a large flag is 300 and a small one is 100 points, I have used them values in what CMBO does, but I have not verified that.

So if you are going to lose a 200 point tank to neutralize a large flag on the last turn and you lose it. It is not a good move since nuetralizing it would only swing the game points 150 and you lost 200 to do it. If that makes sence.

Originally posted by slysniper:

In the later versions of the game, a large flag is 300 and a small one is 100 points, I have used them values in what CMBO does, but I have not verified that.

So if you are going to lose a 200 point tank to neutralize a large flag on the last turn and you lose it. It is not a good move since nuetralizing it would only swing the game points 150 and you lost 200 to do it. If that makes sence.

Hi Sly - Long time no hear.

I understand but...

You say a 200 point tank? You mean 200 points to buy/get, when and if you are allowed to choose what equipment you want? (the options screen)

OK but how is the result calculated from this? Because it looks like a % i.e I might get 52 and the oppent gets 48.

Also, how does capturing a flag work i.e is it the most points of equipment that sit on it ot closes to it?

I understand but...

You say a 200 point tank? You mean 200 points to buy/get, when and if you are allowed to choose what equipment you want? (the options screen)

OK but how is the result calculated from this? Because it looks like a % i.e I might get 52 and the oppent gets 48.

Also, how does capturing a flag work i.e is it the most points of equipment that sit on it ot closes to it?

Yes, the same point value for purchasing is used for victory calculations. So the value of killed units is worth the same as if they were purchased.

Example, the German has lost 400 points in units in battle, the American 300. Also the German holds one large flag, the other flags are neutral. The game will give the American 400 points for the kills he has archived, the German will receive only 300 but also 300 for the flag. So the German has 600 points, the American 400. the game will tell the score by showing it as a 60% to 40% victory for the German.

The flag issue is more complex and sometimes does not seem to follow its own rules. But normally to win a flag you must either be the only side present in its zone and have the enemy at a distance outside of it or sometimes you can win it if both sides are close but I think it has to do with quantities and range, but I would look for others comments on this in the files because I am not sure on the flag issue.

On a similar line, but not related to flags:

How does the points system work for units which should exit but don't, and for units which should stay but run away? Also, what is the points value for prisoners - do they count as dead?

Prisoners - cannot remember for sure, but it is double the base value of the units, if you take and exit them off a friendly end they are triple.

but I am going on memory.

Do a search, I know these topics are in the files already.

All I can remember on exiting units is that they count as points for you if exited and points against you if left on the board when it is a exit game. I remember it being more complex in the points awarded, it is not just the value of the units.