Why do StuG IIIS have MGs, but StuH 42s don't?

Would one of the grogs please explain the logic to me? Seems to me that if even a Marder has an MG, and we know how poorly protected that AFV is, that one with heavy armor and a nasty direct fire capability would have one as standard equipment, but it doesn't. Why? It would've been trivial to fit a shield just like the one a StuG III sported, complete with an MG.

Perplexedly,

John Kettler

Mark IV,

Maybe I checked the specs, but didn't see. I did look, though. What might've happened is that a "gun hit message" I got for said StuH also included the removal of my roof-mounted MG. What I know for sure is that when I tried to target after losing the main gun, I had no secondary weapon available.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Regards,

John Kettler

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Seems to me that if even a Marder has an MG, and we know how poorly protected that AFV is, that one with heavy armor and a nasty direct fire capability would have one as standard equipment, but it doesn't.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Marder II does not have a MG.

Jonathan

The StuG42 has a coaxial MG. The StuG42 (late) has a coax and a remote flexible. In both cases it has an ammo loadout of only 24.

As Freyland said, neither the Marder II or III has a MG.

------------------

You mean my Java coded Real Time Bar Fight Simulator Madmatt Mission: Beyond BiteMe ISN'T going to be published?!?

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 12-23-2000).]