Master Maps needed for some scenarios?

Hi all. I've been going thru and cleaning up my scenarios folder from a bunch of dupes and mis-matched files v's actual scenarios, and I'm also seeing some master map .btt files therein. In particular, I notice that Umlaut's Bailey Bridge contains two map .btt files that are to placed in the Scenarios folder. So, do some scenarios or mods use more than one map file, including these master map files?

Not normally, the master maps are provided so scenario editors can cut them down and use the section they want rather than having to create the map from scratch. I’ve found that sometimes the master maps make their way into the Scenarios folder in the Game Data, mostly CMBN (Market Garden maps in particular seem to be in the Scenarios folder) so it’s possible they’re just in the wrong place  They usually live in a Master Maps folder.

The only way I know of to be sure would be to move them and then try loading all the scenarios and see if any of them break  But someone may know of a better way to check.

MMM

Edited by Monty's Mighty Moustache

The Market Garden maps were the first of the concept (there were some vague plans mentioned around the idea of making generated maps, built from pre-made tiles, but this didn't come to anything). I think the idea of keeping master maps in their own directory came later.

Functionally, they're just scenarios (big, empty scenarios), so there should be no harm in moving, altering or deleting them.