It'd be cool if...

17 minutes ago, TJT said:

Sorry for butchering the BAOR acronym 😁
I mearly ment the Danes were neighbouring British forces so it would be logic to include in the same module. 🙂
Did the Danes have forward tasks south of the Danish border so to speak or am I remembering that wrong?

Maybe we should take that in pm's as to not derail this thread? I'd appriciate tips on reading on the subject. 🙂

Heaps of people who served in BAOR do exactly the same - don't worry about the BOAR thing.

The image below, although having US III Corps reinforcing NORTHAG which was a role that evolved towards the end of the Cold War, pretty much sums the deployment piece on the Central Front.  There are of course better and more detailed maps out there but this one was easy to find and gets the message across.

8ff82ed30ca2a21b5bd83ad4effda164.jpg

I can guarantee you that in the time frame of the game - the only Brits you would have seen alongside the Danes would have been 6 Field Force/1 Infantry Brigade/UKMF which as I said earlier and the image illustrates, would have come from the UK.

Prior to 1975, and I haven't researched that in detail because it is irrelevant to the time frame of the game, 3 (UK) Division apparently either had a role in Denmark/Schleswig Holstein or there was talk of it having one.

If you are interested in BAOR barracks, this is a good starting point:

Barracks (baor-locations.org)

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2021 at 10:44 AM, Iain Fuller said:

Well as this game is set in a conflict that never happened and it could possibly have involved Swedish involvement if there was Soviet incursions into Swedish territorial waters, land or airspace so why not? It's the reason 6mm Wargames miniatures are made for their kit. 

Plus who wouldn't want to see S-Tanks, PBV's & IKV's in 'action' not to mention BILL atgm and they had lovely planes too!

The Whiskey on the Rocks incident in 1981 would be the perfect backstory - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_submarine_S-363 . 😎