View question in the GD

I have a question about the views in the GD. In the beta demo if you selected one of your tanks, hit "1", and the TAB key it would position the view from the turret. Basically from the point of view of the tank commander when he's unbuttoned. Its was a great view to use during the playbacks.

For some reason I can't seem to duplicate this in the Gold Demo. When I selct the tank and lock the view its not in the same place. It now views the tank from behind instead of from the turret. Has anyone noticed this? Its not a big deal but new view is pretty much worthless because the tank blocks your view of whats ahead.

Could someone help me with this? BTS?

P.S. Thanks for making the ultimate game.

------------------

Scott

I'll have to try this when I get home tonight. I hope there is a way to get the commander's/turret view vs. what you are saying you are getting now. Views from behind the tank w/ view blocked by the tank are pretty much worthless. No?

Mikester out.

>>In the beta demo if you selected one of >>your tanks, hit "1", and the TAB key it >>would position the view from the turret.

This is precisely so..Unfortunately, this

view is no longer possible in the Gold Demo...Hopefully, it'll get squared-away in

a patch down the road. I'm thinkin' it's now too late as the game's gone gold at this point.

Hell, that particular view was the BEST

part of watchin' the battle unfold!! biggrin.gif

Guest Madmatt

I noticed this while at work but ithink I have a workaround. Go to view one and padlock (tab) then tilt the camer view DOWN one notch (shift-Z) and Zoom in one level (]). that should just about be the old view if not exactly the old view.

Madmatt...

I though I posted this ealier but it seems the server ate my post! wink.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Both now proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 05-12-2000).]