Need for new "version"?

Hi!

I never playd CMBO, but I do play BB & AK. It seem to me that these new games is far better and more realistic - even if BO probably has its charm.

IMHO it wouldn't be a great effort for BF to release a new CMBO based on e.g. CMAK engine. The equipment and the soldiers is almost already made?

Do you think a new game could attract you CMBO player?

Originally posted by Sgt AA:

Hi!

IMHO it wouldn't be a great effort for BF to release a new CMBO based on e.g. CMAK engine. The equipment and the soldiers is almost already made?

To my knowledge there isn't going to be a new CMBO based on CMAK but there will be a new ETO game/module based on the next generation (CMx2) engine.

As for the equipment and soldiers no doubt a lot of the information gained from the trilogy of CM will be used to speed the development of the new game, as well as improving things that need to be improved.

However this is obviously just my opinion and what do I know on what's best for CM, only BFC know that - naturally!!! ;)

--------------------

"We intend to expand the design and continue to advance the state of the art in tactical wargaming. That is a promise!"

Charles Moylan

Stephen Grammont

As SKELLEN says, there will be no further development by Battlefront of the current version of CM.

However, that hasn't put a stop to the gamers themselves making modifications! If you haven't seen it yet, let me point you to CMETO (or, Combat Mission, European Theater of Operations), it is a modification of CMAK that has terrain and equipment bitmaps appropriate for France/Germany in 1944-45.

If you do a search for the subject line "Announcing: CMETO" in the CMAK forum, it will take you to the thread that describes how to download and install the modification. The Mod can be downloaded from:

CMETO

I believe it was developed specifically to give CM fans the ability to play CMBO type battles with the capabilities of the CMAK version of the game. CMETO got many positive comments when first made available. All you need is enough hard drive space to reinstall CMAK in a separate folder with the appropriate bitmaps!

I hope this gives you a bit of what you were hoping for.