Having Problems changing the resolution

Hello,

This is my first Combat Mission game and so I'm inexperienced, but I went into the files and changed the resolution to 1920x1080 thinking it would change. But every time I start the game it's still low resolution, and in the options menu it says 1920x1080 will take effect after starting the game, but after 4 restarts and a restart of my computer it still wont.

What is the resolution of your display that you're attempting to play the game on ? If it isn't capable of 1920 x 1080, then it probably won't actually display (this can be an issue with a laptop, etc.). Is this actually CMSF 1 (the original game) or CMSF2 (the update, using Engine 4) ?

If you have an entry in the 'display size.txt' file, that may override what you might select in the 'Options' menu. The format here is typically something like this (with no additional 'invisible' formatting text, such as spaces, <Enter>/end-of-line, etc. - other than a space between each number):

1920 1080 60

This should be a resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz (vertical refresh rate). I believe this file should only have one resolution entry in it. Anything more and it may confuse CM or cause problems.

Typically the 'Desktop' resolution selection is the most convenient one in the Options menu. This should use the same resolution as your display normally runs Windows at.