Evening the odds for the meeting engagement

Greetings,

What has been a good percentage to give the Germans in the meeting engagment? Also, I'm trying to see if anyone else has run into this - increasing the troops for one side but then not seeing any real increase.

In the meeting engagment scenario I've tried to see by what % the AI Germans would need to win this battle. At both +25% and +50% I've been able to stop them with minimal losses. The thing I've noticed is the total troops and vehicles doesn't seem changed. Has anyone gotten to fight against more than just three stugs?

On the other hand, when I play VoT as the Germans and give the allies +25% I'll run into almost twice as many tanks(!). And have quite a fight on my hands (to say the least).

I acknowledge the rules state how the percentage increases are implemented can vary widely between games, but shouldn't I notice (at 50%) at least more ground troops? Maybe FoW is keeping me from realizing the difference, but I'm now keeping close eye on the totals at the end of the game.

Just curious (and on to +75% tonight)!

John Wright

john.k.wright@worldnet.att.net

I like to play CE as US against Axis +75%! It varies from time to time, but the best situation is, 5-6 StuGs fighting against my Shermans. Very hard to hold the ground against the german infantry. (Last time, a schreck took out a Sherman in a distance of nearly 250m - i never saw this before!)

Jochen

Greetings all,

Thanks for your replies. Sounds like 75% certainly cranks up the competition. Usually after I kill the StugIIIs it's just a matter of sitting back and slaughtering the German infantry. Then I roll up the right flank (past the church) and eventually end up attacking the large woods from three sides.

I'm curious what would happen if I'm left with only my infantry. After I suffer a loss at whichever percentage I plan on switching sides and going up the scale again. My gut tells me I'll have a much harder time against the Americans as they scale up.

Regards,

John Wright

john.k.wright@worldnet.att.net

Gotcha beat gaffertape. wink.gif I cranked up the Amis to 150% and it gave me SIXTEEN Shermans. eek.gif

------------------

"While stands the Collosseum, Rome shall stand.

When falls the Collosseum, Rome shall fall.

And when Rome falls -- the World."

**Byron**

Greetings,

Played again last night, with the Germans at 75%. Boy were there a lot of StugIIIs! The simply amazing this was, I killed SEVEN without losing a single Sherman. The very last Stug hid behind the woods by the church, trembling with fear (or so I thought).

Now for the embarrassing part. I lost all of my Shermans!

My tanks were atop the hill, confidently smashing away at German infantry hiding in the woods by the church. That damn Stug wiggled a shot through the woods and took one Sherman out. Fine. Then a Panzershreck team in the big woods knocked out another – quite a shot(!). Still the Stug was working its way around. Then a small group of infantry dashed out from the small woods by the church and fired off their anti-tank weapon…killing a third Sherman! Aarrggh! Just as the Stug was coming around the woods smoke rounds started falling all around my Shermans, blocking the LOS for one of them, the Stug fired and killed the fourth Sherman. Minutes later, that DAMN STUG KILLED MY LAST SHERMAN!! Somehow I ended up immobilizing that Stug and winning the battle, but things certainly got hairy for a bit.

I could have retreated my tanks off the hill, but I was simply amazed at how smoothly the AI worked to get rid of my armor. Dropping the smoke on the hill as the Stug cleared the woods – perfect. While I expected to lose some tanks in such a forward position, I was curious to see what the AI would do. Boy, did I find out!

Now I’ll switch sides and go up the scale against the Americans. Eek.

Regards,

John Wright