Combat Mission Battle for Normandy will not launch

MBaker224

Hi, I just want to preface this by saying I'm not great with computers in general, so this is almost certainly some kind of human error and my part and I just need help with basic troubleshooting. I'm playing on a Microsoft Surface Laptop. 

I installed Combat Mission Battle for Normandy after buying it digitally. Installation seems to go off without a hitch, but then when I launch the game I get the Battlefront logo and the chord, and then I'm suddenly back on my desktop. No errors or anything, it's like I never launched the program. 

I have Combat Mission Shock Force 2 from Steam, and Combat Mission Black Sea from the Battlefront website on this device as well and they work fine, so I think hardware wise I should be able to run CMBN. 

What security/anti-virus software are you running ? You may want to add an exception for the CMBN main game folder and/or its executables to make sure that they aren't getting interfered with. It's possible (though not common) that security software might not have any issues with some CM games, but have issues with others.

I assume that you haven't gotten the opportunity to activate the license key for the game with the crashing that you're seeing, is that correct ? With that first run it should prompt you with the license activation dialog box.

If necessary, you can download and reinstall the game. The download for the Windows version of CMBN is about 3GB in size for the 4.03 installer ('CM Battle for Normandy v403 Installer.rar'). Usually most issues aren't an installation problem, but sometimes re-downloading and reinstalling may work.