Missing Cursor

Hi,

For some reason I can't see my cursor in Hi-Res graphics mode. Is this a known issue with a known fix? If not I will post a more detailed description of the problem, but I hate to do that if there is an obvious solution.

Just to head off a few things:

1) My 3d card is installed, works fine w/ other apps and has the latest drivers installed.

2) I'm running a recent version of directX.

3) The game works fine in lower res (800 x 600?) mode and works fine in hi-res except that the cursor is invisible (I can actually click stuff and move through the menus - if I happen to randomly click on the right spot with my invisible cursor).

Cheers,

Craig

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card.

For example, I have a 32MB Diamond Viper V770 TNT2 Ultra and I have the latest driver from Diamond for that card. It was released in February, but it still works with everything. People will talk about a Detonator 6.31 (I think) driver for TNT cards.

So if you run 1024 x 768 or higher the mouse becomes invisible when you load up CM, but at 800 x 600 or lower the mouse is always visible ?

What mouse do you have and what drivers do you have loaded up for it ? This sounds like a problem between the video drivers and the mouse drivers. If you're running some generic drivers included with Windows, then you may have something else enabled.

If you're running any "themes" or custom cursors you'll want to turn them off. I'd suggest using the "None" or "Windows Standard" cursor schemes in the Mouse control panel.

I have the same problem. I am using an ATI (Expert@Work) video card in 1024x768. I have tried various drivers (old and new from ATI) and I have even changed mouse drivers several times - no joy, my cursor is missing. Any idea's out there?

Wolfcat