19 Pics of the Canadians in Normandy

Thanks John.  Agreed trawling thorugh the list of 'forgotten' films was a little odd, having watched several of them many times (Cross of Iron for example).  Anyway the photos were great, as were the following Kursk photos, although they're a bit better known than the Canadian photos.

Vacillator,

Welcome aboard!

Your remark about Kursk photos completely threw me, for I had no idea they were there below the Canadians. Agree that a fair number of Kursk pics shown are far from unknown, but many others were new to me. Was especially intrigued by the WEspes at POkrova, having recently read Zamulin's excellent Destroying The Myth, which covers action there in the context of that whopping chunk of the entire battle.

Regards,

John Kettler

On 8/4/2020 at 6:51 AM, John Kettler said:

Welcome aboard!

Thanks John, appreciate it.  And it's great to be here.

Might have to get a Kindle version of the Zamulin book, looks well worth an English tenner 🙂.  A question - does it agree with the recently posted (perhaps by you?) Kursk aerial photography paper which I managed to get a copy of?  That paper was a turnaround of major proportions for me, even though I could hardly make out what was in the aerial photographs on my laptop 😉 and had to take the author's word for it.

Edited by Vacilllator
Added a bit