CMBN not seeing incoming ema file

I have a saved file in my incoming email folder but it does not appear in the saved game interface.  Any ideas as to why?  I have used the drop down menu to cycle through all options.  This is a year old game with a friend who just returned to the game.

Being an old game, is it possible that you and your opponent are now not using the same version of the game?

I'm not sure, but *think* it may be the case that, as well as not working cross-version, the game "knows" that it's not a valid file and so doesn't even show you it in the interface and so is not able to load it?

Another thought: if you want to continue the game via both updating to the same version, you can do that mid-game but there is a process to follow ...

Not done this for a while, but IIRC the person updating needs to view the replay of the previous minute in the file they can see / load in the old version, save off the file mid-turn, update / patch and then give their orders in the new version, to send off a new version file to the opponent who already has the newer version?

Make sense???