Early Chrimbo!

Hello one and all

Seasons Greetings to you all!

So, why am I in such a jovial mood? Because Amazon.co.uk have just sent me a huge package of books containing Arnham 1944 (Middlebrook), And We Shall Shock Them (Fraser), Six Armies in Normandy (Keegan), The Battleaxe Division (Ford), and The Return of The Naked Chef (Jamie Oliver). The last one was for my girlfriend. Honest!

I also have three more on order but are out of print at the moment.

While we're on the book case, does anyone have a retired copy of The Longest Day or Operation Market Garden for sale? I read them ages ago from the library but would like to own a copy of each. Post here if you would like your copy to go to a nice hospice.

So, what are you all getting for Christmas?

Steve

Bates, yes, I saw that - can't wait!

Earlier in the year I missed Longest Day on TV so will definately not miss this.

Both books, however, are far better than the films. Much more expressive and detailed.

So come on anyone (especially in the UK) give up your copies for a good cause!

Steve

Going back to the thread subject matter, I recommend War On The Eastern Front by James Lucas.

It's published by Greenhill Books, there is also a US publisher.

The book concentrates on infantry and SP gun tactics with an emphasis from the first two years of the war from the German perspective. Loads of first person accounts, I thought it was a great "overview read".