SubWoofer

I did a search and noticed little mention of subwoofers on the forum. I just wanted to comment on the sounds in CM with a nice subwoofer.

Recently, I decided to crank my advent speakers and subwoofer for a friend that was previewing the CM demo. I focused in on a ground shaking artillery barrage. The artillery as you all know shakes the screen. The subwoofer actually shakes the floor. It was unbelieveable. All my visitor could say was "WOW" and "So that's what wargames are like now". All I could do was shiver with excitement.

It is truly frightening seeing CM and hearing the subwoofer. I mean it is really disturbing. I highly reccomend it. Here is website for the setup I have. The speakers and subwoofer are Advent Speakers (aka Jensen Speakers) through Recoton online outlet.

http://www.recotondirect.com/cgi-bin/recotondirect.storefront

Take a look at the Advent AV390L @ $79. I have a step down from these that I paid $149 for 18 months ago.

Here is the location for the manufacturers web site: www.poweredpartners.com

Just wanted to emphasize how much of a nice touch the subwoofer is for CM. Hope this helps.

BTW, my sound card is a junky Sound Blaster PCI 128 (can be purchased new for around $29 now).

Richard Kalajian

Hey that sounds cool, aka!

Right now I've got my system going through a very nice Sony amp and Marantz speaker combo. Can get really loud. I just realized that I have a pair of Peavey stage monitors downstairs in my basement with horns and 12" speakers that would probably crack the drywall in the computer room! Hmmmmm....

NNJ..."F*** all that, we gotta get on with these!"

amen,

I'm running some digital boston acoustic speakers and sub woofer at home. I highly recomend them. CM sounds great! the heavy explosions like artillery, even guns firing gives you a good jolt. It is really fun if you can lock your view inside a building or a tank when it gets taken out.

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

I just installed my new SB Live! card tonight and I can't believe the difference from my old SB64. I can actually distinguish between weapon sounds, and it plays all the shouts by the men. Presumably more channels to do it with.

Anyway, I've had a subwoofer on my speaker setup since I got my system. However the way that the SB Live! pumps bass in unbelievable!! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif My speakers are called MidiLand They're pretty good little speakers. smile.gif

------------------

Finally........Maximus...has come back.....to the Forum!!!

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-13-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-13-2000).]

S2 Midiland 4100s. I've mentioned these babies before. These speakers are F***ING AWESOME!! I don't have the video, but I do have the sound. The sub is bigger than my full tower case. The sound is absolutely incredible!!!

The reviews raved about their sound quality and massive volume level. True quality.

And only $299.

I paired these with an older set of S2 Midiland 4030 which shunted to the rear speakers on my SB Live. Cost around $100-120 and likely better than whatever you have. I used these for my stereo speakers and they were far crisper than speakers many times there size. Exquisite sound and tremendous bass and great highs from all four speakers. All four speakers can really shake the walls.

Good solid construction. Gold connectors. Two inputs so I have the other channel piped into my VCR (fabulous TV sound as well). A control module.

I repeat, F***ING AWESOME!!!

What kind of Midilands do you have Maximus?

Jason

------------------

Betas available to everyone are just publicity stunts anyways. -FK

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 06-14-2000).]