A Novel Idea

For anybody who cares, I have an idea. So far, I have only briefly investigated one scenario from each of the demos. I intend to NOT play any scenarios (demo or full version) until I have a PBEM opponent. That way, I (and hopefully my opponent) will have no idea of what the scenario is like. It's like being a born-again virgin. biggrin.gif

SuperTed

I guess I should have been more specific. I also plan to wait until the full verison is sitting comfortably on my hard drive. At that time, I would welcome any like-minded challengers. Sorry for any confusion. :o

SuperTed

Guest MantaRay

I have an idea for you Ted. Why dont you play the scenarios in the demo, then when the game comes, dont play the 2 that are in this game. It is like hitting the homerun and refusing to go past third base!!! And we all know if you dont cross home plate...your still a virgin!! biggrin.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hey MantaRay,

That's not a bad idea. However, in keeping with your baseball analogy, I would rather not start the game if I know that I can play only one or two innings (i.e. scenarios). I would rather wait until I know that all nine innings are available. It works well with my style of PBEM play. I like to maintain anywhere from 4-10 games of The Operational Art of War (TOAW) at any given time. I like the challenge of facing multiple opponents. It forces me to become a better player. Because the turns in CM are quite a bit shorter than those in the TOAW scenarios I play, I am sure I can add at least four opponents to my wargaming budget. Since there are only two demo scenarios, I would not be able to do that without duplication. So, thank you for the advice, but I think I'll just wait in the dugout until batting practice is over. cool.gif

SuperTed