need some help plz

Last night i was testing the editor.

just for fun i trew in some 10 wirblewinds/ostwinds (vets/elite) against 1 american plane(regular).

Result, 5KO tanks??

how is this possible? should't the plane be outnumered and have no chance?

what i notice is that the AA-units fire very low at the plane, and suddenly the plane is very high dropping stuff. Especially the 50cal of the plane is deadly.

my question: why don't the AA-units won't work properly?

S.

Guest Mirage2k

It's tougher to take out a plane with triple-A than you might think. I guess the pilot just got lucky.

-Andrew

Hell, I just killed a US Jabo with the very first burst of fire from a 37mm FlaK gun.

REMEMBER that one strange result does not a flaw make.

If you want to test this run it at LEAST 20 ( preferably about 50) times and then report back the systematic results.

Hell the US Jabo didn't even have time to get onto the play area. He was shot down about 600 metres off-map wink.gif

hi Fionn :)

well, I tested it several times, same results. Last night I added about 7ost's and 10 wirblewinds against 2 planes.

created a flat paved terrain of approx 500 at 1500m.

results where 8 dead/emty tanks.

Can you see in the After action report when a plane is Killed? (is it listed there?)

hav'nt seen it yet.

Maybe the high score of the plane is due to the pure flat terrain i created. Anyways, i'm gonna try this a few times more.

S.

Guest Madmatt

Silencer,

You may want to have a look at my old AIR ATTACK special feature on CMHQ. Shooting down planes DOES happen (and they do show up in the KILL/INFO box) but it's by no means a suyre thing. Those pilots have this nasty habit of EVADING! wink.gif

Also how and where are you placing your units? A flat map would favor the attacker and NOT the defender as the plane would have perfect LOS to the target area from a distance. Also be sure and space out your units so they are at LEAST 100 meters or so apart if not more. Minimize the ability of a single bomb or rocket salvo to damage multiple units.

One last thing, these are World War II Flak guns primarily using the Mark 1 naked eye and some rudimentary sighting systems. They are not ZSU 23/4 Shilka's!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>One last thing, these are World War II Flak guns primarily using the Mark 1 naked eye and some rudimentary sighting systems. They are not ZSU 23/4 Shilka's!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha...good point, Matt.

-Andrew

hehe, Madmatt.

yup I did, I check it everyday for updates!

btw Winter tiger looks great, only the number on the back of the turret?? when you have 3 tigers, they all have the same number.

bit funny, anyway, what was the use for it?

back to the AA stuff,

yestaday I applied the patch, and now it works great!!

I had some 12 osts/wirblewind positioned in a large circle for excellent defence.

result: in 25 turns, 31 planes shot down, 2 tanks abandonnned (none destroyed!!)

:)

One strange thing though. When buttoned up, they can't(won't?) NEVER shoot at planes.

(prob to fast planes and not good spotting when buttoned up)

But they can(and will) still shoot at infantery when buttoned up with they main guns. Does this mean when the crew buttons up, they go in the lower hull or just duck, out of sight and sit between the turret armour??

In the last case though, they still should be able to spot planes easily coz it's an open turret!!.

any ideas (Fionn?)

S.

ps; want some fun, place a few perchings against 10 ost's/wirbles at +1000m.

watch the fireworks. (with me the perchings bailed within the first 2 turns :)