Can Germans win in Chance Encounter?

Well, I just played CE as Germans against the AI for the nth time. And what a game it was! I advanced my StuGs down the main road and took up positions IN FRONT of the church, while my mortar laid smoke all over the hill in front of them. I also moved up some infantry and schrecks to support my StuGs. The first Sherman came running out of the smoke at point blank range of my StuGs. As it was brewed up, it actually slid forward and hit its nemesis!

But things did not last that well, for I lost all three StuGs for another 3 of his Shermans. The last enemy tank (the +, of course) kept back and pounded my MGs in the church. At this point in the game, his infantry had been shredded by my MGs and my StuGs, so I got bold, advanced one of my Schreck teams and got a shot at his last Sherman. I managed to hit it several times, but it did not brew up. It did not return fire, however, so I thought I just might try to take it out with some fausts. (He was probably shocked or something.)

Aided by all the smoke, two green SMG squads ran up to his side armour and fired their fausts -BOOM, no more fat sherm...

Just to prove fausts can, and will be decisive.

Regards, Jens

Make the Americans come INTO the woods to get your infantry and OVER the hill to get your tanks and ACROSS the fields to get at your flanks and you can make them pay dearly.

My best was a total victory as the Germans with no tanks lost and 14 lost infantry.

When I tried to defend the edge of the woods I was creamed.

Guest GriffinCheng

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I advanced my StuGs down the main road and took up positions IN FRONT of the church, while my mortar laid smoke all over the hill in front of them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is very appearent to me both natural and artifical reverse slope tactics are useless against AI.

Griffin.

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng (edited 02-10-2000).]

The German's can easily kick the American's butt in CE, if, they wait for the Amis to come to them. On the attack against multiple Shermans the StuG's are toast. Let them come to you, then you not only have 3 StuG's, but, multiple Schrecks which can usually get a kill in before they are killed or supressed themselves. It is difficult to advance with coordinated Tanks and Infantry, one usually get's too far ahead of the other. Use your Shermans in a spread out pattern, far back enough from the forests where Schrecks can sneak through. The Americans only have 3 Zooks, so, they cannot have Infantry AT everywhere like the Germans.