New soldier faces

pcelt wrote:

> they all appear to have a very light patch under the eyes.

They're called cheekbones! =) I'm afraid I don't see any need to change them further. Glad you like them though!

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

Well, you see, the Peng thread has been moving a bit too quickly for my liking these days. I suddenly realised that the longer I abstained from it, the more imaginative I became. Then a few days ago I spent a whole 12 hours without visiting, and I was sitting scribbling with my graphics tablet, and hey, what's this? I'd suddenly created a set of mods for Combat Mission!

So there you have it: Prolonged exposure to the Peng thread really is harmful, and visitors should be presented with a warning to this effect. They should immediately return to Combat Mission and proceed to shoot people and blow things up, which is inherently much safer. =)

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

Hey Dave,

I've been playing CM with the new faces for a day now, and I've got to say they're great. The shading on the lower face IMHO gives the soldiers a "tired and unshaved" type of look that I would expect many GI's really had. Is this my imagination or did you intend to go for that look. Fine work!...and thanks again.

------------------

"Do not needlessly endanger your lives until I give you the signal"

Dwight D. Eisenhower

I have certainly exaggerated the shading, and this results in a more rugged appearance. I think the faces would look a bit out of place on civilians, but they seem to work rather well as soldiers! =)

David

------------------