Gyro's Revisited

Lately I have been seeing more and more hits by Shermans & Stuarts moveing slow, fast, across rough terrain etc, reeversing etc.

Last night in My & Bastables PBEM 2 Stuarts literaly raceing down a road scored 4 hits (2 slit hits) on my pillbox from 500 down to 350ms, while my stationary PAK 43 missed 5 times.

Think maybe this needs looking into as neither one of us could believe how many times the Stuarts plugged the PB from that range going fast.

Regards, John Waters

----------

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!!".

Did Hellcats have the gyro gear as well?

I've seen some unbelievable accuracy from these guys as they race hell for leather across country...

Seriously, if you've got a platoon of four Hellcats racing down a flank, they are just about unstoppable...

ianc

For selfish reasons I was enraged that even with 4 slit penatrations his pillbox was still throwing out 8.8cm shells of death at me. But yes even at ranges of around 500m while moving 'Fast' towards and oblique the accuracy was suprising.

[This message has been edited by Bastables (edited 08-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Bastables (edited 08-21-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PzKpfw 1:

Lately I have been seeing more and more hits by Shermans & Stuarts moveing slow, fast, across rough terrain etc, reeversing etc.

Last night in My & Bastables PBEM 2 Stuarts literaly raceing down a road scored 4 hits (2 slit hits) on my pillbox from 500 down to 350ms, while my stationary PAK 43 missed 5 times.

Think maybe this needs looking into as neither one of us could believe how many times the Stuarts plugged the PB from that range going fast.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That does sound questionable.

On the other hand, last night I was looking at a picture of a concrete bunker on the Atlantic Wall with what appears to be an 88 in it. The "slit" is big enough that a man is standing up in it, and maybe half again wide as high. Don't know if that is congruent with what BTS is attempting to model in CM.

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 08-21-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dittohead:

Was they regulars or vet troops? Could be related to the other thread about the accuracy of AA guns vs bunkers in general.

Tony<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno Bast would need to answer that 1, can't see him giveing me intel though smile.gif. Also The Bunker was mine Bast's Stuarts with with their secret time warped back Abrams stabilization & FCS just scored hit after hit chuggin along at 30mph smile.gif.

To Bunker design I don't know how BTS modeled them. Ie, Alantic wall or the more common inland bunkers used by the Germans.

Regards, John Waters

-----------

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!!".