Stereo problem

Guest kking199

Fuerte, in an attempt to actually help you what kind of sound card are you using and have you checked the software that setups/controls the card to verify it is setup correctly. Also, does this happen in any other games... if not then you do have a interesting problem.

I have Diamond MX300 (Vortex 2), the latest drivers, Windows ME and DirectX 8. I tested the stereo with the Control Panel / Aureal Vortex Audio application, and it worked right. Unfortunately I don't have any other game installed at the moment where I could easily check the stereo... except Diablo II perhaps.

Are you saying that it works right in your system?

Guest Madmatt

I can confirm that the audio separation and panning are in phase. The sounds are not switched.

If you are hearing the sounds reversed then it is either crossed leads or somehow you have set your audio softwarer to swap channels.

Madmatt

I just tested with Diablo II and the stereo was ok. Also previously Unreal Tournament was certainly ok. Hmmm... so it should work... I can't find any settings to swap channels in the software, but I remember vaguely that there was some option like that a year or two ago, in some control panel application. So it must be just my system.

I also have a Vortex 2 card an I get this problem every once in a while. It's an intermittent thing. Exiting and reloading CM clears it up for me. Try a cold boot if that doesn't work (turning your computer off then on).

------------------

You mean my Java coded Real Time Bar Fight Simulator Madmatt Mission: Beyond BiteMe ISN'T going to be published?!?

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fuerte:

Right, but that doesn't help if I use headphones.

This is not really a huge problem in this game, but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've found using headphones, several times, is that you need to put them onbackwards ie left ear, right ear phone, I think they make the things so fast they get the stereo wires the wrong way around.