Treetop Burst

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir Wamers Kahlenberg:

Does CM actually show the devasting affect of treetop bust or was it discluded in the game i have been playin for a while and just wanted to know. Thanx<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear new wonderful CM chum. Yes, tree bursts are modeled in CM. Now, consider the advantages of pulling all your questions together periodically and asking them in a group, rather than posting a new, and often many times before repeated topic, every time a new question occurs to you. Also, you might want to use the 'search' option for some of these very, very commonly asked questions, and perhaps restraining your justifiable enthusiasim a bit and not posting a new topic for every sudden revelation and observation that comes to you. smile.gif

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

Yes, Treetop burst do happen, also you can tell by the graphic displayed when they happen. As to you opening a new thread, its ok. Not everybody is a forum wizard as Sean, and the forum is here to allow this type of questions whenever they come up. So if you want to ask the next one, please just post it. Dont be afraid of the mean Sean, grin.

Andreas

Sir Wamers Kahlenberg: I must say, it is this kind of venomous, blatantly rude sarcasm that makes people reluctant to post their thoughts. This fellow, Seanachai, obviously has some issues that don't concern you. Post your thoughts pal, and pay no attention to those, who would bash you. As a teacher, I know there are no stupid questions. Cheers, John

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kelly:

Sir Wamers Kahlenberg: I must say, it is this kind of venomous, blatantly rude sarcasm that makes people reluctant to post their thoughts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John,

What makes you think that people are reluctant to post their thoughts on this forum? Search back a month and see how many threads have started on topics ranging from tactics and doctrine to completely off-topic subjects.

I usually try to answer newcomer's questions directly, but I also point out that seaching through the forum is quite important. From a netiquette perspective, I for once lurked for quite long to get a feeling for the forum before posting.

IMO, most of the times newcomers are welcome and their questions answered in seconds.

Seanachai answered the original question, and displayed a bit of, let's say "pengish", sarcasm, but he did not say it was a stupid question. Heck, he even posted a darn smiley to show that he was tongue in cheek.

This forum has good people.

------------------

I feel like I'm standing in front of the monkey cage at the zoo. - HiramS

[This message has been edited by coralsaw (edited 12-06-2000).]

Its the same old BS.

'This was discussed in beta 0.61! Do a search!'

Sometimes its good to bring back 'old' topics.

AND the search engine sometimes brings up 500 answers...but its a good point doing a search wink.gif.

Welcome to the board Kahlenberg wink.gif.

[This message has been edited by Buzzer (edited 12-06-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir Wamers Kahlenberg:

Does CM actually show the devasting affect of treetop bust or was it discluded in the game i have been playin for a while and just wanted to know. Thanx<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually any arty labeled as VT (variable timer) is DESIGNED to airburt. I just played a scenario where I used it to some degree of success.

On a side note, I think Seanachi is just pissed off because he wasn't allowed to start the 3rd Peng thread.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 12-06-2000).]