Mod Combat Mission world & scenarios

huhr

quick question,

the above site has scenarios for CMBO. Is it realistic to play the scenarios without zipping the terrain,vehicle, etc mods into the BMP files? Plus, if you do zip the new mods into the program will it effect the scenarios from the cd?

thanks

howard

I assume you're talking about the mods for the North African Campaign etc.? If so keep in mind that the mods will only affect the appearence of the game, not the performance of it. As far as I know you can play the new scenarios without using the mods. But, if you use the mods ALL of your CM will look like the mods. IOW if you play one of the scenarios that came on the original CMBO disk with the DFDR mod installed it will look like the desert. If you play one of the DFDR scenarios without the DFDR mod installed it will look like Western Europe.

thanks splinty for the reply to my question, How do all the gamers then keep track of everything with downloading this and that MOD? It seems that it will mess the look of the game with the mods, i am going to try the desert scenarios but it will probably be green all around

Have you looked into getting CMMOS? That's about the only way I have of seeing what's installed and what's not. At this point my own CMBO is modded pretty much how I like it. I use CMMOS to switch between the various mods for different nationalities on the allied side. My German mods are pretty much how I'd like them. Go to www.Combat Mission HQ.com and check out what they've got, there's some really breathtaking stuff there.

[ January 18, 2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Splinty ]

huhr, I am the guilty parth, with help of course, that created the CM World theater mods. My original idea was to use CMMOS to control the various theaters being added. But at the time there was no way to reload the original CMBO files. So the idea was cancelled.

My plan then changed to people simply zipping the contents of the bmp and wav folders and saving them. They would then load in the theater mod over the existing files, rewriting them, and when tired of the theater they would unzip their saves and back to Europe 1944-45 they are.

Of course you can also create a second CMBO game, if you have the room to spare, and dedicate it to either Pacific, France, or Desert.

I do have plans to use CMMOS V4, might never work now of course, to create a new desert mod using CMBB. But that is several months off.

MikeT