Need some help with Hi-Res-Mods

I run CMBO with every hi-res mod I could find.My system is,Athlon t/bird 800mhz,128mb ram,voodoo 5500.The only time I notice a Slight drop off,and were talking VERY slight,in performance is on large maps with lots of trees and buildings when viewed on max oblique zoom out.And this is only when rotating the view.

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

I'm addictied to hi-res mods! I love the quality. The Marco sherman, bueatifull....

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

in regards to video memory, 16 megs is probably near the bear minimum if you want to add a lot of hi res mods, as well as the winter cammo mods, etc.

my G3 with 16 meg Orion starts to feel it on large maps, lots of differnt units, and alot of hi res mods.

I recommed try some, see if you notice a difference in graphics quality, and in speed. If you install them and there is not a noticeable difference in the graphcis, chances are your card cant handle them. (or if things really slow down..)

dave

[This message has been edited by aikidorat (edited 11-22-2000).]

If you stick with just Hi-res vehicle mods, you should be fine if you have a 32MB video card. Hi-res grass is where the framerate starts to drop. Since there are a lot of grass polys rendered. Of course a fast processor will help out pushing the graphgics to the video board better, but like the above people say, the real culprit is your video card.

I run a Celeron-433, 128MB, 32MB TNT2 Ultra card and my major slowdowns are on big maps with lots of trees and buildings.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 11-22-2000).]