Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Possib;e bug

(In a VOT PBEM game as the US) When my tanks arrived on turn 10, one Sherman who was placed with his back against the edge of the map was immediately targetted by the pillbox with 75. He reversed off the map and was lost forever. I would have rathered he reversed to cover but...

TeAcH

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>one Sherman who was placed with his back against the edge of the map was immediately targetted by the pillbox with 75. He reversed off the map and was lost forever<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, a Sherman that had a false premonition smile.gif

Seriously though, I wouldn't call this a bug. Seems to me everything worked fine: Sherman skivvie-soiling and units exiting map. Only an unhappy coincidence both things happened at once.

Something for scenario designers to keep in mind, though. Try not to have reinforcements enter right into the enemy's LOS. A good rule anyway, but especially for things that crayfish when they detect a threat.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

[This message has been edited by Bullethead (edited 05-30-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Yeah, this is a known issue. I'll run it by Charles again because I thought he fixed it.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Just checked with The Man...

Yup, this would be a bug. Although infantry units are allowed to do this, vehicles never should. However, we are going to need to see an Autosave file if we are to fix it. So if anybody sees this behavior again, please save your Autosave file and send it to me.

Thanks,

Steve

steve@battlefront.com