BTS, thanks for the reply to my previous post

I'm sure I sounded like an impatient little kid, whining about the long drive to Grandma's house for Christmas. The post didn't deserve a response, as it was more a personal vent than anything. Your cool-headed response showed me what a truely professional bunch you guys are (still). I will continue to wait, impatiently as ever, for the best wargame I have ever played.

Thanks also to the other posters who gave me the benefit of the doubt.

R-Man

Impatient, yes, but still waiting anyway.

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks R-Man,

Well... nobody is as impatient as Charles and I. We love the game, and we love working on it, but gosh darn it we would like to stop working and start processing all those credit cards smile.gif So just keep in mind that NOBODY wants it released more than we do.

We are in a tough spot. The game is pretty much totally done, but as my other post describes, we pushed off a lot of the stuff that nearly all gamers expect (or at least actively want). At some point we will reach the point of diminishing returns, and that is when we will release. We aren't quite there yet, but every day brings us so much closer.

Our main concern right now is that there are a LOT of eyes on us. If the first release has any serious holes in it sales might be stunted. We have some plans for CM2 to make development go faster, and money would certainly help that wink.gif

Thanks for your support,

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>We have some plans for CM2 to make development go faster, and money would certainly help that<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(yes, it's the kind of post I'm sure you knew you'd get in response....)

Since everybody knows that the only way to develop software faster is to have more developers on the project, where do I send my resume? (So what if I have no skills you want -- someday you'll be wanting to write CM7 in Java wink.gif, and I'll be there!)

Just to keep this post from being pure noise: I think about CM2 fairly often (takes my mind off of waiting for CM1 biggrin.gif), mostly because I'm reading The Forgotten Soldier. I wonder if the nature of eastern front combat is gonna require radical changes to the game engine? Perhaps the scale of combat is different (wide open plains, etc.), requiring larger maps. Perhaps it's more a matter of modelling the vehicles and tweaking textures. Perhaps the AI will need some "tweaking" to make it use Russian tactics.

What'll be interesting to see is whether BTS builds upon CM1 to make CM2, or whether it's even more revolutionary.

(Hmmm?? Oh, you say CM1 hasn't even shipped yet? biggrin.gif Sigh -- back to reality.)