newbie question

Hello all, I have been reading this forum for weeks and enjoying it greatly, as I await delivery of my copy of CM. I'm sure I will thousands of questions once I actually delve in. but here is question that is of a lot importance to me at the moment. How does one move and target once in side a building? I always seem to be at the far end.

thanks

------------------

look at him dead, me crippled and you lost, funny about war

You can move your men about inside of the building. If you want to make the walls invisble, press Shift O I believe. To target something outside of the building, just move near the edge of the building on the side you want to shoot out and order your guys to fire.

Hope it helps.

Use short movement commands to move to the appropriate side of the building, and attain the desired LOS. You may need to use multiple waypoints, but usually if you're zoomed in on the building, you can pick a spot close to the desired wall.

Guest Andrew Hedges

It's easier to plot building moves if you switch to camera 5 (i.e., the 5 on the keyboard), which is a direct overhead view.

Guest barrold713

There should be or let me state it more conservatively, as far as I remember, there is no difference between moving and targeting indoors or out in the full game. I believe it to have been the same in the demo.

What you might like to check out is seeing if using the lower camera levels allows you to more precisely control where the unit ends up. In this way you can move units to different areas of a room.

If that does not help, I'm not sure what might be wrong.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin